In late 2020 we had the opportunity to reflect on our experiences in the industry, and saw that there was scope in the South West for an independent, referral only practice providing a gold standard clinical service and support to colleagues in first opinion practice.
Our aspirations for the practice are guided by the elements that have inspired us from the university and private practices we have experienced around the world.
These elements include:
- A multidisciplinary team providing the highest standard of care
- A focus on client experience and pragmatic application of the gold standard
- A collaborative approach to the the referral process with the referring veterinarian
- Generosity with clinical advice and collegiate support when referral is not appropriate
- The pursuit of innovation and efficiency
- The pursuit of best practice woven into the daily running of a hospital through rounds, journal clubs, and clinical auditing; prioritising clinical training such as internships and clinical research
- Ensuring continuing education for staff and referring vets
- A like-minded team, working towards a shared vision.
We know that your client’s experience, and the clinical outcomes of the cases you refer are a reflection on you. We believe that the success of our practice depends on the idea that the referral process should enhance and compliment your clinical service, your clinical satisfaction, and ultimately the success of your practice.
We have seen exciting growth through word of mouth in the last year, and with these guiding principles we intend to continue to expand our services and pursue new innovations in 2022 and beyond. As we pursue our vision, we look forward to continuing to learn more about how we can support and collaborate with the clinicians of the South West, and we look forward to discussing a case with you soon.
BVSc MANZCVS DVS DipACVS – LA DECVS MRCVS
BvMedSci BVM BVS MRCVS
Upcoming CPD Events
EQUINE CPD AFTERNOON
Tuesday 9th January 2024 - Start time 13:00
South West Equine Referral Practice, Nutwell Estate, Exmouth EX8 5AN
Sponsored by Zoetis & BOVA
Join us for a series of talks and a hot dinner:
Jim Carter: Equine Opthalmology: More than meets the eye
Adeel Khan: Managing Atrial Fibrillation
Chris Owens: Is colic surgery right for this horse?
David Rendle: Updates on Gastric Disease
Past CPD Events
27.07.2022 – CPD Training on Equine diagnostic local analgesia: Intrasynovial analgesia by Luke Poore MA MSc VetMB CertES(Orth) MRCVS
22.07.2022 – hosted ACPAT – Chartered Physiotherapists in Animal Therapy in the region to discuss a combined approach to achieve the best
outcomes for horses with back pain by Luke Poore MA MSc VetMB CertES(Orth) MRCVS
03.12.2021 – CPD Training on Equine Physiotherapy Practical Dissection Session
by Chris Owens BVSc MANZCVS DVS DipACVS-LA DECVS MRCVS
24.11.2021 – CPD Training Evening on Equine Ophthalmology
by Dr Adeel Khan BVMedSci BVM BVS MRCVS
For more information on South West Equine, or to refer a case to us, please click the links below.
Join our team
Are you looking to refer a case to South West Equine?
Contact us for advice or to discuss a case
HOW TO FIND US
We’re based at on the Nutwell Estate, a short drive from Junction 30 of the M5 at Exeter.