At South West Equine Referrals we have the facilities and expertise to manage a broad range of internal medicine and complex
critical cases. Our team are on hand to diagnose, treat and prevent a variety of medical problems associated with all the
body nervous systems (nervous system, gastrointestinal system, respiratory system, heart, liver, kidney skin and more).
Our team provide round the clock clinical care for all patients including intensively managed adult and neonatal patients. They have access to state-of-the-art ultrasonography, endoscopy and heart monitoring equipment. The medicine team also work actively with our specialist surgeon to provide the best all round care for your horse.
Internal Medicine Services:
- 24-hour care
- Emergency procedures – including colic, respiratory emergencies, sick foals, colitis and fever of unknown origin
- Poor performance evaluation
- Weight loss investigations
- Adult and neonatal intensive care
- Assisted foaling
- Post foaling mare and foal management
- Neurological investigations
- Medical imaging
- Head shaking investigation